Sow & Reap is a home-grown South African company founded in 2014. Our aim is to assist all property industry stakeholders to integrate sustainability practices into their buildings, services and products.
There are two beliefs that underpin the work that we do:
1) Green Building makes sound business sense - Sustainability refers to more than the environment, and we believe it can be used to reduce costs, enhance market competitiveness and mitigate risks.
2) Green Building should not be an 'add-on' to standard practice - Instead it should be an integral part of the service offered by all involved in designing, constructing or operating buildings. Sow & Reap aims to assist all stakeholders in achieving this goal, whether at a building, portfolio. company or product level.
We tailor bespoke solutions to meet your needs such as:
- Green Building Consulting
- Green Building Training
- Certification (E.g. Green Star SA)
- SANS 10400-XA Energy Modeling
Francois Retief, the founder of Sow & Reap has extensive experience in the green building industry. A Mechanical Engineer by training, Francois has worked as a building services design engineer both in South Africa and the United Kingdom. This work saw him focusing on resource efficient building services solutions and building energy simulations. From 2010 to early 2014, Francois was a part of the team at the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA), developing and operating of a number of Green Building Rating Tools and Guidelines. Francois is also a Green Star SA Accredited Professional, GBCSA Faculty Member and Assessor.
The right expertise - Sow & Reap believes in collaborative working and through a network of dynamic green building professionals can tailor bespoke solutions to suit all scales of projects.